Netgear EX6420 increases the range of the wireless network. This extender improves overall wireless network signal quality. It provides good connectivity for your cellphones, laptops and other devices. Netgear EX6420 transfers wireless signals on the extension mode. It organizes a new wireless hotspot from a wired ethernet connection. The Netgear EX6420 setup provides a strong wifi network for your home.
There are mainly two methods to set up the Ex6420 extender. The first is the manual method and the second one is the WPS button.
Netgear EX6420 Manual setup
- First of all, plug in your extender in the power socket.
- Then, turn on your Netgear extender.
- Keep ensuring that your extender is near the router.
- Grab a laptop or phone in which the wifi signal is strong.
- In front of you, the Netgear extender Setup window appears.
- Now go with the process that displays on the screen.
- Then place your extender in the new location.
- Now combine your device to the extender after finding the best location.
How to do Netgear EX6420 Setup using WPS method?
With the help of the WPS button, you can set up your extender within 2 minutes. This is the best way for Netgear EX6420 Setup. In this process, you will hit the WPS button on the both extender and router.
Here are some basic steps to set up the Netgear EX6420 Extender.
- Firstly plug in your extender and then turn it on.
- It is necessary that the extender is close to the router.
- Now you will see the LED green light.
- After the green light press the WPS button on the extender.
- In the next step press the WPS button on the main router.
- You will see the stable green light within two minutes.
- You will need to push the WPS button if your extender supports the 5ghz band.
- At the last, you need to move your extender to the new location.
Netgear EX6420 Setup factory reset process
When the person forgets his or her username or password then the factory reset process is the best way to get it back. It will erase all of your personal information such as username, password, SSID etc. It also improves your extender range.
Follow the given below steps to complete the reset process.
- Take a pen or a paper clip.
- On the extender search the factory reset option.
- It is placed at the bottom of the EX6420 extender setup.
- Using a paperclip or pen press and hold the reset button for 8-10 seconds.
- Reboot the extender and repeat this process.
- Your extender is successfully reset after rebooting.
In case of any query you can contact our experts to solve the problems.
How to do Netgear EX6100 setup firmware update?
If your Netgear EX6420 extender suddenly starts behaving badly and also does not provide good wireless connectivity. Then you will need to update the Netgear Ex6420 firmware. If you download the latest version of the firmware your all problems will be solved automatically.
Let’s discuss the few steps for firmware update.
- Turn on the extender.
- Make sure your extender and router are placed in the same room.
- Launch any web browser according to your choice.
- Type the mywifiext.net login in the address bar and click on the enter key.
- And then the Netgear login window appears in front of you.
- For login enter your personal information.
- Tap on the setting, and then click on the firmware upgrade.
- It takes some time, so don’t turn off your extender.
- At the last, your Netgear EX6420 setup factory reset process is done.
If you’re facing any issues related to the factory reset process, don’t hesitate to contact our experts to solve the problem.
For more valuable information visit this website