How to Powerwash a Chromebook? It sure is a good question, To Powerwash a Chrome book, you need to follow certain steps but first let us talk about what a Chrome Book is.
Chromebooks are made by Google with their chrome OS inside them, they are known for their ease of use as well as they are cheap. Chrome OS is not as complex as Mac OS. Like any other operating system, Chromebook also get slow after some time of use and it needs a refresh from time to time because of this there is an option called
“Powerwash” in Chromebook which you can use to reset your device.
You want to powerwash your Chromebook for many reasons like you are selling your device or just want to reset it because its performance is slow.
Things to know before powerwash a Chromebook
Most of the files in your Chromebook is stored in the cloud or in google drive but there are some files that can be deleted permanently when you powerwash your Chromebook.
Files you store in your book is often found in the downloads folder and you want to back up these files in an external drive google drive or any other cloud service so that you can use them afterwards
When you powerwash your Chromebook, your files and all the google accounts you used on your device will also be removed, it is not a problem as long as you know the credentials of all the accounts
How to Powerwash a Chromebook using Chrome
You can Powerwash within the chrome browser because it is a part of the operating system and is connected with it.
Just follow the below steps:
- Open Chrome Browser
- Select the three vertically aligned dots which are located at the top right corner of the screen.
- When the menu opens, select Settings.
- Go all the way down on the page and you will see Advanced written, press it.
- When the page opens, again go down to the end and press Powerwash when you see it.
- Then a pop up will open and you will press the Restart button.
After following all the steps, your device will restart and it will reset automatically.
How to Powerwash a Chromebook from the login Screen
- When you are on the home screen of the Chrome OS Press the following keys as a keyboard shortcut: Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R.
- A window with the label Reset this Chrome device will appear, just press the button.
- The device will restart after it boots up again a new window will appear just press the Powerwash Button.
- A pop up will appear with Confirm Powerwash Dialogue, click continue
- The Confirm Powerwash dialogue will now appear. Click Continue.
Once all of that is complete, you have to sign in with your Google account and follow the instructions and soon you will have your new device.