Unblocking phone numbers on an iPhone is easy, you just need to know if you are unblocking a number from your recent call list or from contacts.
Below are the methods to do both
How to unblock numbers on iPhone’s Contacts
- Open the Phone app which is of green and white colour on the main screen of the phone and go to the tab called “Contacts”.
- Find the contact you’re looking to unblock and open it.
- Go to the bottom of the page and you will see “Unblock this Caller” in blue, and tap those words.
How to unblock numbers on iPhone’s Recent call list
If someone was spamming you with calls and messages, you get angry and blocked them and after some time you regret the decision because it was one of your friends calling for your help, you can unblock it easily by following the below steps:
- Open the phone app and go to the tab called “Recents” and find the number you want to unblock.
- Tap the blue “i” on the far right side of the number/contact name in the blue circle.
- Scroll down the page and you will find “Unblock this Caller” in blue and tap it.
After following all of the steps, your desired number/contact will be unblocked.
Reasons to block a phone number/contact on iPhone
There are many reasons to block a number or contact, maybe you are tired of getting spam calls and messages or you are tired of gettings messages on a daily basis from people you don’t want to hear from or maybe you don’t want a certain person to be able to contact you anymore.
You can block a number in your phone and it is easy and it only takes a few seconds the good thing is blocking a phone number is not permanent and you can unblock them whenever you like.
Blocking a number from your contacts or just a random number do the following things:
When you block a number, they can’t call you and also they can’t FaceTime you on their iPhone but they can still keep in touch with you by leaving a voice mail if talking to you is important.
When a blocked number calls you it automatically goes into voice mail but your phone will not alert you when you get the voice mail from the blocked number.
The Voice mail will become available in your inbox and you can go there to hear it or delete it.