It goes even without saying that cakes are the highlight of birthdays. It is one such factor of birthday celebration which could not be left out at any cost and needs to be made sure is more than perfect in its taste and appeal. Due to lacking some time in our hands, we choose to order birthday cake online but let us tell you that the awesomeness of a birthday cake gets doubled up when one prepares a birthday cake by pouring all of his/her love into the cake.
So if you have someone’s birthday coming up and are still figuring out what to gift him/her, then we would suggest you try baking a birthday cake in his/her honour. Trust us, it is the best gift you can pamper them with. To help you out with your birthday cake baking expedition, we have suggested an easy birthday cake idea that you might like to consider baking.
Below, we have suggested an easy recipe of a Funfetti birthday cake which is supremely delicious and easy to make at home. Try out this delicious cake recipe and make everyone a fan of your baking.
- Preparation Time – 30 minutes
- Cooking Time – 25 – 30 minutes
- Serves – 20 – 25 people
- Kcal – 441
- Fat – 24g
- Saturates – 14g
- Carbs – 52g
- Sugars – 38g
- Fibre– 1g
- Protein- 4g
- Salt– 1g
For the cake base
300g golden caster sugar
450g butter softened
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
8 eggs, beaten
450g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp whole milk
200g rainbow sprinkles, plus extra to decorate
For the icing
150g softened butter
450g icing sugar sifted
180g tub full-fat cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla paste
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by preheating the oven at 180C and prepare 4 baking pans by greasing them with a generous coat of butter.
- Take a large bowl and pour sugar, butter and vanilla paste in it. Whisk it with the help of an electric hand beater until it turns pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs while beating up the mixture until well combined. Further, add two tablespoons of flour if the mixture starts to curdle up.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together along with a tsp of salt and then pour into the batter.
- Add milk to the batter and keep mixing. Scatter the sprinkles and ripple through the batter and distribute the cake batter equally into each of the 4 baking tins.
- Bake each of these cake batters for about 25-30 minutes until it turns spongy and appears to be somewhat golden in colour.
- Make sure the cake is baked evenly and once done, let it cool down by placing it on a wire rack.
- Now to talk of the icing, take a fresh new bowl and pour butter and icing sugar until fluffy and combined well together. Add the cream cheese in the mixture and some more icing sugar and then again beat the batter for some time.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence and then beat the batter again until well combined. Take a piping bag and now fill this icing batter into it with a help of a spoon.
- Once the cake layers have all cooled down, you can take one of those and smear vanilla icing on top of it and then place another layer of cake on it. You can fill each of the cake layers likewise but over the top cake layer make sure to sprinkle some colourful sprinkles to notch up the appeal quotient of the cake.
- Your funfetti birthday cake is ready to be served. Bon Appetit!
For more articles visit this website