Airedale is commonly known as “King of Terriers” is the most common dog breed that catches otters and rats. They are a sporting dog that has been used as a guide dog, war dog, and police dog as well. They are the most hard-working, energetic, and independent dogs. They are athletic and can do long drives. But sometimes, their lack of sustainability disturbs their owner.
Their comical and fun-loving nature makes the owner delighted and happy, as they are very lively, do not leave them alone, and try to spend plenty of time with them. They get bored when they are alone as they demand more attention when compared to other breeds. They are reliable watchdogs as they are very protective of their guardians and their family.
When it’s about their attachment they are very friendly and get comfortable with everybody around in no time. But they have temper issues as Airedale terrier temperament is linked with their early training of interaction. They are usually considered short-tempered because it comes in their genes. And to overcome this trait you have to train them with early socialization and exposure to people, sounds, and different sites.
They are generally very healthy, but it is important to be aware of certain diseases that can affect them. When you are about to get yourself an Airedale puppy make sure to check their health clearance certificate. They are prone to allergies and some of the common ones are:
These allergies are mostly the result of chemical reactions with topical substances like flee powders, bedding, and certain dog shampoos.
Inhalant allergies are caused by airborne allergens. And those allergens are mostly dust, pollens, and mildew.
These allergies are mostly the result of the intake of certain food items.
These allergies can be treated with the help of medications, environmental modifications along with dietary restrictions.
Other diseases that can affect Airedale dogs are
There are targeted by different types of cancer just like humans and their treatment is either surgical removal of tumors or chemotherapy. But the success rate of each type of treatment can vary from dog to dog.
This is a condition characterized by low production of thyroid hormone by the thyroid glands. And this disorder is very common in this breed; also it is responsible for conditions like obesity, lethargy, epilepsy, and some skin conditions. Usually, it is treated with medications and some dietary adjustments.
It is an inherited disease in which the thigh bone of the dog does not properly fit into the hip joint. Pain and limpness are common symptoms; also it increases the chance of arthritis in infected Airedales.
This disease causes vomiting and diarrhea. Its cause is still unknown, but it can be treated with antibiotics and some antiulcer drugs.
The common characteristics of this breed are:
- These dogs are not the only sporting dogs but can also be very helpful as working dogs. They love taking challenges and have the ability for taking hunt tests.
- They are very entertaining and simply love to play with kids, but only with those who get along splendidly.
- They are very active and potentially take part in digging, barking, and chasing activities. They can be your best jogging partners and can romp in the yards as they are energetic and zealous.
- They are very independent as they do not wait for their owners’ commands but can decide on their own without the help of anybody else. They fulfill their challenges on their own instead of waiting for commands. If you are looking for a pliant dog they are not the right choice as they are genius enough to decide what they want to do.
- They are not so forgiving and will hold a grudge against someone who treated them harshly, no matter if the oppressor was good to them later. And because of this trait, they can be very aggressive towards other dogs and animals and also the person who treated them badly.
- They are considered as one of the loyal dogs who stay true-blue to the owner and the family members of the house they are a part of. Although they are very friendly to the guest if they see anyone being harsh with the family members they become fierce and get overprotective.
- They are mischief lovers and generally are naughty by nature when they are a puppy they love romping and playing, grabbing food from the kitchen counter, stealing dirty socks, and tossing toy are their favorite mischief’s, but with age they get mature. But they stay puppyish even in old age.
- They love change and are very stylish by nature, and nobody can be more fascinating and charming than them.
For more articles visit this website