Open Company File
Sometimes when users are working on Sage they will see a ‘Verifying database’ window that shows a technical error message that says “Unable to open the company file.” This error is probably caused because the data is blocked or the Sage 50 version might not be up-to-date.
Since the solution to resolve the problem often requires advanced knowledge of the computer’s operating system it is best that you call the Sage support number and speak to an expert to fix the issue. You can also go through this blog to get a better idea of the steps you need to follow to troubleshoot Sage in case you cannot open the company file.
Solution 1: Run Sage 50 as Admin
- Step 1: Close your Sage 50 program and then restart your computer.
- Step 2: Right-click the Sage 50 Icon on the desktop and open the options.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then open the file.
- Step 4: Move your Sage data to a new location on the hard drive and continue.
- Step 5: Copy the.SAI file and the.SAJ folder to the C drive on your PC.
- Step 6: Change the settings and add everyone to the user’s permission.
- Step 7: Ensure that there are no hidden files.SAJ folder and then open the Sage company file once again.
Solution: 2: Disable the antivirus software on your PC
- Step 1: Open the Settings menu and go to the software and program section.
- Step 2: Select your antivirus software and then disable real-time protection.
- Step 3: Ensure that you disable auto protection and turn off the Firewall.
- Step 4: If you use auto backup software for the company data file, disable it
- Step 5: Open the logs and verify the Windows Event Viewer logs.
- Step 6: Right-click the Sage 50 icon on your PC and Run as administrator.
- Step 7: Try and open the company file and check if the issue is resolved. Once you are done, make sure you re-enable your security software.
Solution 3: Check the Network settings and restart Sage
- Step 1: Open the drive and verify if you have access to the Sage data files.
- Step 2: Right-click Network connection icon and press ‘Network Sharing.’
- Step 3: See that the network is Private/home/work/domain and not public.
- Step 4: If you find that it says “Public,” then change the option to “Private.”
- Step 5: You can also contact your internet service provider or the IT department to look into the issue.
If you find that you still cannot open the company file, even after you implemented the solutions mentioned above you can call the Sage technical support number and ask for help. Certified software experts will give you detailed steps on how to implement a more advanced solution so that you can regain access to your company file in no time.
The best part is that the Sage phone number is available 24 hours a day so that you can get the best solutions whenever you need to solve any error connected to your Sage accounting software.
For more articles visit this website